People with power don’t want to give it up.
But, by working together, we can empower each other.
And change the world.
I’m a scientist, a writer, a mentor, an educator, a cook, and surrounded by friends, family, and animals I adore and who adore me too. Read more.
What I do
- I Tweet
- I write about plant science
- I write some more about plant science
- I host webinars where other people talk about plant science
- I collaborated on a podcast where other people talk about the culture of plant science
- I talk about writing
- I write about writing
- I work towards equity and justice in science
Professional societies exist to support all their members, and scientific conferences and journals are intended to serve all equitably. We want to hear from you about your experiences navigating your professional spheres, so that we can collectively identify and work … Continue reading
Early in 2021, the US National Science Foundation (NSF) posted an annoucement about a new type of funding opportunity, called LEAding cultural change through Professional Societies (LEAPS) of Biology. The NSF is is committed to supporting efforts that use evidence-based … Continue reading
Happy New Year Mary! Sending warm thoughts from Florida and really excited to follow this blog. Consider it bookmarked! I’m…